Sunday, July 5, 2009

Whatever Moments (1)

After an eventful journey to the UK, (with a roadway accident on the runway behind the plane delaying flight), we arrived back at Spurgeon's College where I was once Principal. Staying in student rooms for three days to catch breath, I went to see my successor - Dr. Nigel Wright - in my 'old' room. It is a magnificent large second storey room, lined with bookshelves from floor to 12foot ceiling. Its wide picture windows were open onto a stone balcony, overlooking lawns, flower beds and trees in nine acres of grounds below. A gorgeous view on a beautiful summer day. And then it happened....down the corridor outside I heard the noise of my grandchildren coming along the corridor. Luca (aged 7) and Anton (aged 4). They reached the open door, I turned and seeing me, they both charged into my open arms. As I knelt on the floor they gave me monumental hugs and kisses. It's hard not to be overwhelmed by the sheer unreserved love of grandchildren. Lovely moment ONE.

Whatever is lovely.....think about such things (Phil. 4:8).

No comments: