Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Email schizophrenia

Yesterday, I made an horrific discovery. I was given a password to a new email address the seminary has given me (apparently some time ago!) Instead of mquicke@seminary.edu the new address is mquicke@faculty.seminary.edu. For several months I have been blissfully unaware of this parallel email presence because I still seemed to be receiving the bulk of my emails.

However, when students complained this week that their term assignments had been sent into me I realized something was (very)wrong. They had all been using my other address to which I had no access. I pleaded with the IT department - please help me!

So, yesterday, armed with my password I discovered what I have been missing. A couple of thousand emails! As I plough through them, so far I have discovered three invitations to speak at conferences; an interview with Wall Street Journal; requests for publications; messages from so many people. Oh No! I have begun to follow up with humble apologies but am often many months late.

If you are one of my victims - please receive my apologies. I shall hope to be restored as one email personality soon.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had sent you an offer indicating that I have cancer and am dying in South Africa and have $20,000,000 to give to you if only will first send me a check in the amount of $15,000 to cover the processing. I couldn't figure out why you didn't respond. Now, I know! The offer is still good!

Anonymous said...

No, Anonymous, Michael was actually ignoring you.