Monday, January 26, 2015

Needing Help (1)

Sometimes I unashamedly use my blog to ask for help. Two needs this week, please! First, sermon collaboration.  It's been a long time since I have preached a sequence of sermons in one place.  My own local church at Histon has asked me to preach through February. This gives me an opportunity to receive help along the way for my thinking and preaching.  Already I have met with the worship coordinators and shared the 'main impacts' of my four sermons. They will collaborate with me in planning congregational worship.


I am taking advantage of this sequence to deal with some more questions that Jesus asked. (Those with longer memories will know that I have dipped into this subject in the past and written posts about them).  With over 100 questions in the gospels there is plenty of scope!


On Feb 1st. I shall look at the two questions that are inextricably linked in the story of Jesus stilling the storm (Mark 4:35-41):  'Why are you so afraid? Do you still have no faith?'  In preparation, I sum up the sermon's main impact:  By the grace of God this sermon will say - Jesus meets us in our fears when we have trusting faith; the sermon will do - encourage hearers to know Jesus' presence when they are afraid and to trust him with their lives. As always I shall be so grateful for feedback within the local church as well as from thoughtful readers.  I shall use my email address: mquicke@faculty.seminary.edu

No comments: