- The level of participation of people within gathered worship – visible contributions of voices and bodies.
- The list of things the church prays for week by week.
- The percentage of the church budget that is given away to others in need.
- The proportion of the congregation that is committed to meet in small groups during the week.
- The number of secular community organizations that members are involved with , especially community care agencies.
- Awareness of such community work within the fellowship.
- The amount of hospitality given by members to each other in an average week
- The amount of hospitality given to unchurched friends.
- Willingness to speak the truth in love and maturity of relationships.
I know some of these are difficult to quantify but do you think they reveal something about authentic worship?