Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Preaching at Wheaton (21)

Someone has said that this question of Jesus in Luke 6: 46: "Why do you call me Lord, Lord and do not do what I say?" are some of the saddest words in the New Testament. Certainly, they raise the vital issue about how disciples actually behave as Christ-followers.

As I go on preparing Luke 6:43-49 I see strong parallels between the two sorts of tree and the two builders. My sermon impact is therefore shaping up like this:

By God's grace, what this sermon will SAY: Jesus questions how disciples respond to his words and actions by their own words and actions. What this sermon will DO: challenge each of us about our personal and corporate accountability in words and actions. Here is a profound check to character and behavior.

This is going to be demanding. Please keep praying and preparing with me.

No comments: