Thursday, July 25, 2024

3 weeks later

After 3 weeks of grimacing, painkillers and a total inability to find any way of resting my left leg comfortably I am at the hospital physiotherapy dept. tomorrow.  Apologies for the long gap in posting but it's limitations have somewhat dominated life.  The worst thing has been the absence of advice so that wearing my splint and wheeling my rollator as I attempted to negotiate events, including a week's holiday with my London family (in Minehead at the subsidized Baptist apartments!) may not have been the best way of recuperating.

As I have just returned home after nearly 6 hours driving from the W. Country with my left leg motionless as my right leg operated the car I really wonder whether this was the best idea. Probably not.

Anyway, tomorrow I find out the best way to aid the healing process.  Hopefully I shall know how to make some solid progress after wearily marking time, and I shall feel much more myself.  Perhaps even writing a less self-pitying post!  

No comments: