Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Blog's First Birthday

On November 18th 2007, I took my first tentative blog steps. Today, I marvel at the circle of friends, the wide range and liveliness of responses and (somehow) the ongoing birth of 120 posts over twelve months.

I have rarely attracted huge numbers of hits, though daily they number tens from across all continents. I recognize that my devotional tone is unlikely to register widely! But, perhaps the most surprising statistic concerns the average lengths of time others spend on my site. Apparently, 25.6 % of hits spend at least 1 hour each. Of course, it could mean people leave it on screen while they fall asleep!

I am encouraged to stagger on into a second year. Thank you for all your encouragement.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your investment in our lives Michael.

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good words!

Simon Quicke said...

Congrats keep the good work going!

Michael Pugh said...

Yes, thank you, D.Q. And happy birthday, blog!

Anonymous said...

John and I are excited to learn from you at Calvary today. It is also comforting that you have no plans to stop blogging soon. I have not been able to log in recently, so I look forward to catching up. We still have our baby, he turned 5 months yesterday. Carol will not even recognize him he is getting so big! I, as well, am ENORMOUS. 6 1/2weeks left to go!