Thursday, April 12, 2012

Two Northern Happenings

I know my readers are scattered far and wide, but I need to publicize a couple of activities for those closer to Northern Seminary.

First, on April 20th, 2012, my evening event is open to all at 7:00 pm. It is called: Michael Quicke - the journey of the book Preaching as Worship! It will be the first time I can celebrate and reflect on the outcome to these last five years of wrestling with issues of worship. And 'wrestling' is the word. I am thrilled that some friends have already told me they are planning to make the effort to attend. It will be held in the chapel room in Kern Hall, round the back of the seminary buildings at 660 E. Butterfield Rd. Lombard.

Second, I am excited to announce my involvement in Northern Seminary’s Doctor of Ministry in Preaching and Congregational Leadership. I will join Dr. Joel Gregory and Dr. Ralph West as the featured professors for this program. Dr. Joel Gregory and Dr. West will team-teach the first course which begins on June 4, 2012. I will teach the second course in September 2012. You will never guess (!) that this second course will be Preaching as Worship and is built on my book Preaching as Worship.

I believe that this course is a great opportunity for anyone seeking to develop their skills for preaching and congregational leadership. There is limited space so I encourage interested students to apply now. More information is available at www.seminary.edu/preaching.

There is much to look forward to. Of course, I shall let you know how April 20th. went!

No comments: