Friday, January 1, 2016

A Happy New Year!

With great joy I greet you as we rush into 2016 (at least, it seems like a rush to me).  Like many of you I have tried to find time to reflect on the last 12 months and to anticipate the next 12.  I find it is easy to be too disappointed with myself!  I enjoy reading biographies of great Christians but along with an element of inspiration there is a large dollop of discouragement when I think of my journey so far.  Of course, I am not meant to let other people set the standards but live out my calling with my own gift-mix knowing that Jesus is the one who sets expectations pointedly for Michael Quicke.  So, it is what he is looking for me to be and do that really matters.  It won't be great biography but I am praying it will at least be me seeking to be true to his will and purpose who and where I am.


The text that rang loud and clear in today's devotion is: 'Christ in you, the hope of glory'(Col.1:27).  Just ponder that - in you, hope, glory.   What a thrilling promise for the next 12 months (and beyond!)
 
I would love to tell you that all this means that I shall find enthusiasm and content for more posts this new year  on my blog but I regret this is unlikely.  However, I shall try to keep some semblance of communication going and I remain surprised and very grateful that you have kept in touch with some of my ramblings. 

No comments: