Tuesday, March 23, 2021

Nearing Easter

I am so grateful that I have been given the opportunity to preach in my local church the next three Sundays.  While we are waiting for our new minister to arrive in September different people (mostly from our own fellowship) have been preaching.  And, knowing that Easter 2021 was coming up I actually pushed myself forward!  Why, so bold!  Because there's no Sunday in the year as significant and glorious as Easter Day!  It's the greatest day of the year.  A wonderful preaching day.

And what's more, the church leaders have announced today that the church will re-open on Easter Sunday with the same restrictions as before - masks, social distancing and a limit of 30.  So the majority will still join on zoom.  I have been preaching on zoom in our upstairs bedroom for the last four months, staring into the laptop camera imagining my hearers. What a difference it will be to gaze over a live congregation again.  Yes, the masks conceal some reactions but reading the body language of my listeners is so helpful.  I know I have commented before about the pluses and minuses of preaching on zoom but I am rejoicing in the live flesh event ahead!

Before then, Palm Sunday requires zooming on March 28th.  So, much to prepare for.  I have held over the third Beatitude in my preaching series: Blessed are the meek for they shall inherit the earth.  It seems highly relevant for Palm Sunday.  I'll keep you in the picture.




 

No comments: