Friday, March 18, 2022

Seven Easter Eggs (1) A vision

Our new minister's wife is bursting with ideas!  Among them is an ambitious proposal to show an art installation (yes, that's what it's being called) on our church front lawn.  Seven large Easter eggs (over 4 feet high) have been cut and primed ready for different members and organizations to paint Easter scenes.  Supporting frameworks have been attached so that they can be firmly grounded together. The children and young people each have an egg to paint and a few of us have been volunteered into taking part.  As you guess (because I am posting this!) I am among them and have been committed to one of the scenes below.

We began with this list:

Jesus enters Jerusalem 

Last supper 

Jesus praying 

Arrest and trial 

The Cross 

The tomb 

Resurrected Jesus 

It was a challenge looking at this list and picturing how I might respond.  Each has dramatically different possibilities. It is decades since I last attempted anything like this.   Soon some were chosen and I found myself wrestling with my eventual choice among those left.   Next post!


No comments: