Sunday, June 20, 2010

Preaching at Wheaton (12)

Next Sunday (June 27) we hear a radical question from Jesus: "Who are my mother and my brothers?" (Mark 3:33). I call it a Question about Family. And what a question!

Often, looking at a Scripture passage it is difficult knowing where it is best to begin and end. Here, it is tempting just to focus on Mark 3:31-35. In the NIV (for example) these verses form a separate section. However, it seems to me that we ought to begin at Mark 3:20 in order to see the wider context. So let's look at Mark 3:20-35.

As in previous weeks I invite you to immerse in this passage with me, being particularly aware of the question that Jesus asks. I am really encouraged to know that many of you are following these posts. One or two have said they almost posted a comment! Please do! But if you would prefer just to say something personally to me then please use: mjquicke@yahoo.com Thank you for preparing with me. It makes so much difference.

No comments: