Thursday, June 24, 2010

Preaching at Wheaton (14)

In Sunday sermon preparation I have been thinking especially about God's family growing outwardly to do God's will in the world.

I love that description in our weekly church bulletin:
While our building is located at 1310 North Main Street, First Baptist Wheaton is a community of people devoted to following Jesus wherever they find themselves on any given day.

On any given day! This is the scattered church impacting society like salt grains in daily living. In what ways are we practicing as brothers and sisters in God's family on any given day? I am always grateful for stories and insights about real happenings.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dr. Quicke,
I was in your sermon today and I just wanted to let you know how much it meant to me to hear the words that your preached. In going through rough times with my family belonging unit it was great to be reminded that God's family is more important and will sustain me through rough times. I got more out of this sermon than any other sermon that I have heard at First Baptist. Thank you and God bless