Thursday, November 10, 2022

Sciatica....just turned up

It's always a temptation to be personal on a blog and to over-share.  That's a real danger as I write!  And, usually, a nagging low back pain would not deserve a mention.  Sticking hot patches on myself I moved around for five days, aware that many suffer stoically.  However, last Sunday afternoon the back pain shot down my left leg within a couple of hours. \

I had been at church in the morning, walking steadily on two legs. Suddenly, I lost use of my left leg with excruciating pain dropping me to the floor.  Only able to crawl on hands and knees suppressing yelps of agony with each move, I hoped dosing up with paracetamol would give me back my leg. 

Sleepless, at 6.00 am Monday, we phoned 111 help line and a duty doctor informed me it sounded classic sciatica and he would prescribe stronger painkillers to be collected at the pharmacist.  Their high level of codeine encouraged two bouts of vomiting that were so noisy Carol had to apologize to our neighbour!   New drugs are now at work four days on....and though the dr. cheerily informed me it can be a 4 to 6 weeks recovery I am trying to remain positive.   But does mean that you will be spared any posts for the next few days!  Prayers would be appreciated.  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

God bless & keep you through this horrible ordeal. Be assured of our prayers.