Tuesday, April 12, 2022

Seven Easter Eggs 5) Making impact.

Just enjoyed a week away with our London family in sunny Minehead.  And it was surprisingly sunny compared with other UK weather!  On my return I couldn't wait to find out how the installation of the seven eggs had worked outside the church.   Apparently, really high winds had threatened and new stakes were now holding down each one.  

But the important news was that throughout the week people had stopped to look at their depiction of the Easter story and more than that...had talked with church volunteers who were strategically placed at two benches.   One friend told me how a man had walked slowly along the eggs and in conversation then asked for prayer. It seems that many other stories can be told about our visitors. Our two local newspapers have sent reporters who have interviewed our pastor and his wife about the project and taken photographs.  I expect we shall see something in print shortly.

How we long for the Easter story to make fresh impact this year.  And that's the big prayer this Easter.  In the middle of all the bad news, much of it so terrible emanating from the Ukraine (reminding us of so many other easily forgotten battlegrounds) that Jesus goes through this terrible week towards his brutal death to bring the world back to God.  Overcoming its brutality in love, forgiveness and new life in his kingdom on resurrection day.  He really does change reality for the better!

(I was hoping to post a picture of the seven eggs,  but my Android camera does not talk to my blog.  I wish I was more gifted with IT!)  

No comments: