Thursday, February 7, 2008

Blogging God's Promises (12)

Over the last few days I have been "immersing" in John 16:23-24 (and its context): My Father will give you whatever you ask in my name. Until now you have not asked for anything in my name. Ask and you will receive , and your joy will be complete"

In light of the church challenge about 40 days of prayer and fasting, this promise needs careful preaching. It is no good dashing off into a prayer program, without God refreshing us. And so, I see this sermon's main impact:

By God's grace.........

  • this sermon will SAY: Effective prayer depends on asking the Father in Jesus name with joy
  • and this sermon will DO: Encourage us all to pray in renewed ways over 40 days.

I am sure all who will be present at Calvary on Sunday morning want authentic commitments only. Please pray with me that God will speak powerfully through this particular promise. Carpe promissum.

No comments: