Monday, February 4, 2008

"Shot-putting" anxiety

My shot-putting analogy for "casting" (1 Pet. 5:7) has provoked feedback! I discovered, yes, there were shot-putters in the congregation, (and I learned of my poor technique!) Others reflected how the effort, dynamics and discipline involved in throwing 13.2 lbs, relates to intentional prayer. And, best of all, were testimonies of recent throwing/casting, with fresh discoveries of how much God does care.

This afternoon I add a personal one. We had to visit a cancer clinic to hear the results of Carol's skin cancer surgery a few days ago. We have been throwing understandable (legitimate?) anxiety upon God for many days. His peace (with some undercurrents) has been a wonderful gift, as has the prayer support of many friends. Today we say: Alleluia! The answer is - all the cancer is removed!

Let's keep encouraging each other.

No comments: