Friday, September 5, 2008

Filling in the blanks (2)

I appreciated the comments on my earlier posting on this subject (Aug 27 2008). One asked about the value of note-taking, and I want to endorse strongly this very helpful method of engaging. Another wrote with "brutal honesty" that, when a preacher offers an outline sheet, at least it shows some serious preparation (!) Both raised other interesting issues that need further pondering.

Tomorrow I am addressing around 250 men at a Prayer Breakfast, and have provided an outline with 6 blanks - all beginning with S. Each S principle emerges out of Moses' prayer life - in private (Exodus 33: 7-23) , and in public (Exodus 17:8-15). Just to show you my serious preparation here they are:
1. S_________ yourself
2. S_________ intimately
3. S_________ promises and needs
4. S_________ up
5. S_________ together
6. S_________ for God's glory.

I'll fill in the blanks next week. I wonder if you can guess them?

No comments: