Wednesday, April 15, 2020

Week 23

I cannot express strongly enough my gratitude for all the prayers through my dystonia travail. Yet the deaths of family and friends, like Maurice (a couple of posts ago) put my situation firmly into perspective.  Yesterday's post challenged me about 'saying nothing about one's lesser troubles and vexations' so I shall only share today in hope that friends will keep praying. I shall only post about it again when something definite happens. 

So, my report today. I have just entered my twenty-third week since my last injection. These botulinum shots have always been vital, with any delay immediately marked by severe twisting and pain.  And, as reported last time, I am still remarkably - I want to use the word miraculously - free from severe twisting and pain (though the disease still lets me know it's there!)  It is extraordinarily wonderful.

Last week my consultant 'phoned me.  She still sounded very unwell but said she needed to know how I was coping.  As I explained about the Parkinson drug issued by the sleep clinic and its usage coinciding with my 'holding pattern' she agreed that it might be a part of the story restraining my deterioration. Other factors may be influencing it too, she said. I know that! Because prayers for healing have always been part of my ministry experience. As soon as the clinic reopens (no clue about date yet) she promises an assessment of what has been happening to me.  I can't wait.

Probably at least three or four more weeks of waiting lies ahead.  Bless you for your prayers and kindnesses.


No comments: